May 3, 2010

Yazoo City... Twisted Thoughts...

Looking back on all the times
I've come and gone
AGAIN
And all the times you
couldn't pay me
to go back
AGAIN
It's the city that lies...
right beneath 49's rolling
HILLS
The one where I still won't dare
travel through the Enchanted
HILLS
The place that made me fear
an old supposed witch's
GRAVE
Is now the one who's photos
make my thoughts turn
GRAVE
The same place that makes you want
Sugar Shack even when it's
CHRISTMAS
Though we all really know
the real snoballs come from Mr.
CHRISTMAS
The city who's downtown
is really one main
STREET
The one with two high schools full of
strangers to each other separated by a
STREET
The very same city we all
know could stand some
CHANGE
Is still the same city where
some minds just won't
CHANGE
The very city where we all
attended the same day care
CENTER
And the same town where everything
important is always at the L.T. Miller
CENTER
The one where everyone
knows everyone else's
BUSINESS
Is now the same one where
family owned shops are out of
BUSINESS
The place where you get used to
people's silent
CRIES
Is now the city for which the
entire nation
CRIES
This little city where people
of different cultures virtually live
APART
In a matter of minutes
the very same city was ripped and torn
APART
The city that some leave
in order to start their
LIVES
Is now the city where some
sacrificed and lost their
LIVES
I am guilty of being one
to always stay
AWAY
But I can't imagine going back
to find things just blown
AWAY
I pray for each soul touched
by the force of the
STORM
Just know that HE will give you strength to
weather any
STORM
Though I'm not there in body
for you I will continue to bow my
HEAD
To my city... Stay strong
Through all trials and tribulations that are sure to lie
aHEAD


Just felt like writing... I know it's random and a bit different from the norm... but... that's just me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment